Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gymnastics at 26!!!

So, I have to share with you all what my sister-in-law and myself attempted tonight. An ADULT GYMNASTICS class. Brookelyn is taking classes and we found out that every wednesday at 7pm they hold a class for adults.... or should I narrow that down to bubbly little 18-19 year old ex cheerleaders.... and me and Brit. I am really sad because I took my camera wanting to take some pics to post, but when I got there and pulled it out I realized that my battery was home charging. Therefore, NO PICS SORRY. Probably a good thing though. To begin this class we start off by stretching. Then, the coach wanted us to do some handstands. Well, I was so scared that I would fall on my face that I would barely go up. I did a couple and the coach is looking at me in a weird way. Which I really don't blame him. So, he tries to show me how to do a handstand and turn my body to fall so I wouldn't hurt myself. Seriously I CAN DO A FREAKING HANDSTAND. To make my confidence lower, I look up and Mo and Nate who are watching from upstairs, are laughing at me!!!! We finally end that portion of the class. Next we all go get in a line and start to do cartwheels and handsprings. I start to do my cartwheels and on the way back he tells us to do them with the opposite hand. Are you kidding me???? I start the first one and OH BOY did I look like a fool. So feeling absolutely STUPID I stop and tell everyone they can go before me. I finally get back up and start doing another cartwheel and begged him to let me do it with my right hand and he said NO. Then he tells me that my cartwheels look like A 4 YEAR OLDS and he makes me finish doing them down the mat. All though my confidence needs a little booster and I will probably be asking Brookelyn to give me a one-on-one session on the BASICS OF A CARTWHEEL. I will rebound and become the next Shawn Johnson.

7 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

That is a funny story and I laughed just reading it.... and I WAS THERE!! Wow, what do we get ourselves into??? It was fun though and at least we attempted it.... right?? I am proud of me and you for having the courage to do it. Plus, we had some really good laughs didn't we??

Nate and Britney said...

Ok, I don't know why it is showing up under your name, but that was me that posted that!! Nathan & Britney, that's what I get for using the same computer and not signing out!!! HA HA!

Nick & Danielle said...

That is absolutely hilarious! If only we had stayed in our gymnastic class when we were younger. You could be teaching the class.

Liz Szilagyi said...

What a great post! I wish I could have seen you. I'll have to try a left handed cartwheel some day. Sounds hard. Just tell them all that you were the point guard for your HS basketball team, and if they want to challenge you to a game of bball they can.

Aimee said...

Shellene that is awesome that you're doing gymnastics!! PLEASE take some pictures next time so I can see all the action. That's so great! You are hilarious. I can't wait to see you at the Olympics in a few years :)

The Porters said...

Hahaha I would be lying if I said I wouldnt have laughed. But no worries, my mom and I were actually talking about gymnastics the other day. Taits takes it. I dont think I could do a cartwheel to save my life. Scary death! Good for you for actually making it across the floor. Four year old style or not :)

Nate and Karen said...

This story is freaking hilarious!!! I couldn't stop laughing. I only wish you would have had that camera!! Miss you guys!